Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Eve

We had a good ol' traditional Chrsitmas Eve this year, gathering around my grandmother and full of aunts, uncles, and cousins. My aunts do a fabulous job organizing Christmas Eve - from the decorations, to the games, to the food. (Yum, the food.)

The second generations - 9 (of 12) grandchildren.

For a few years we were just a bunch of 20-somethings and high-schoolers, and Christmas just wasn't the same as when we were children. But then a bunch of us had children. And now Christmas is definitely "for the kids" again. The oldest great-grandchild is 21 and the youngest is a few months old, so we've got some years ahead to celebrate.

Here is Merr (my grandmother) with 10 of her 17 great-grandchildren, (14 living).

Merry Christmas to All.

I hope you are with family and friends who love you today!

3 comments:

Lisa Henley Jones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa Henley Jones said...

Sorry, I had to delete my comment.

We had a great time Christmas Eve spending time catching up with everyone. I think the kids had the best time playing with each other. Overall, it was a wonderful day.

Brenna and Molly said...

(I thought I had posted here ages ago - hmmm guess it didn't "stick")

What great photos! It's always so nice to have those group shots - especially when you aren't together nearly enough. Sounds like a perfect holiday for you all. How is it back to the grind now?