Thursday, December 07, 2006

A gift for Santa

I know you're thinking: But wait? Santa is supposed to bring the gifts, not receive them. This year we planned a little surprise for Santa, for you see we have had the REAL SANTA at our mall for the past six years. We decided to show him some appreciation for his long hours.

2006 Sitting with SantaThe girls, so full of excitement, helped Santa opened the gift. I believe he was truly touched. He caught my eye, winked, nodded, and wiped away a little tear from the corner of eye.

Santa opens his present

If anyone reading this lives in the Colorado Springs area and uses an independant insurance broker, you might recognize Santa during his off-season job when he is incognito. The local paper printed a story about him a few years ago and I sure wish I had kept it. UPDATE: I found it in the Houston Chronicle Archives (duh). He lives in Florissant, and I have his psuedonym. :-)

What did the girls give to Santa?

A framed 8x10 print of this photo.

Five Years of Christmas with Santa

2 comments:

Keri said...

Shelly, I love your gift to Santa. I'm sure he was truly touched by it. I love seeing how the girls have changed in the photos through the years. I have pictures of Zachary with Santa at 4 days old. Santa was a bit scared to hold him since he was a wee 6 pounder.

Karen said...

Oh, that is a great photo of the girls with Santa and his gift. What a sweet idea! He does look real...