Friday, February 20, 2009

Mandala Art

Cameron brought home her art assignment - to design a sun/moon mandala incorporating the things she loves.

On the outside she has the beach, horses, flowers, music, art. Inside she has rain, love, tears (because sometimes she feels sad). Inside the moon she added a saddle, because she loves the smell of tack. The feather represents her Native American heritage. I thought it was simply beautiful; of course I'm a little biased.

5 comments:

Lisa Henley Jones said...

Wow, I'm impressed. So much insight for a little girl. And she appears to be developing into quite the artist.

Brenna and Molly said...

I love it! Make sure you frame it for her room.

Amanda Sayle Kelly said...

Ooh, I'm going to have to use this as an example when we do our mandala project. :) Great job, Cameron!

Amanda Sayle Kelly said...

Ooh, I'm going to have to use this as an example when we do our mandala project. :) Great job, Cameron!

Amanda Sayle Kelly said...

Ooh, I'm going to have to use this as an example when we do our mandala project. :) Great job, Cameron!