Thursday, October 30, 2008

School Days at TRF

My Trip to the Ren.Fest
by Cameron Kelly

It all started one night at dinner. Mom said "We're going to the Ren. Fest with some friends." So we went. We woke up at 6:07 exactly. We got dressed, grabbed our coats and headed out the door. First we were going to meet the class (group) that we were going with at Rnadalls. Well, surprise - surprise - 'cause Cheyenne was in my group! Yay! I begged my mom for caramel hot cocoa and she said yes! So I got some and then we left. Off to the time of the Renaissance: Huzzah! (Hurray.)

When we got there we went to the check in counter and put our wristbands on. Then mom's friend said her son was going to be in a fencing school. So we went to that stadium and I joined! I learned a great deal of stuff - lunging, right turn, left turn, and right block.


Then we went to the Jousting stadium and our guy lost - he fell off the horse and soon the other guy fell too. Then they had a sword fight. First our guy stabbed the other guy (all this is fake! but real swords!) Then our guy got stabbed in the heart - that - I believe was the end of our guy's fake life.
.
Then came the fun part - eating lunch with the KING! K-I-N-G! King! But, lunch didn't come until half an hour after we sat down. So I chatted wtih some ladies about horsebackriding. Then we took a picture with the King!

Then we had a sloppy Joe lunch. After that I started - Bungee Jumping - I went really high, didn't do a flip, and landed on my feet. It was freakily scary.

Then we went to get my costume. It's what looks like a ren woman walking the streets. Then we went to three gardens: One, a rose weddding chapel garden; Two, a(n) English flower wedding chapel garden; Three, a water wedding chapel garden. They were beautiful!
Then came funnel cake and the bird show - turkey vulture, owl (trained to be non-nocturnal), sparrow, dove. They did back flips to catch food in the air, pecked the meat off a chicken leg in ten seconds and amazingly went into their cages without being told after they're finished. We finished off with an ice cream cone. What an adventure!

2 comments:

Marilyn Maniscalco Henley said...

Cameron, you wrote a terrific blog about your day at the Ren Fest. Sounds like you had a really good time. Thanks for posting it.
Nana

Brenna and Molly said...

Thanks Cameron - sounds like an awesome thing to visit. We liked reading all about it!