She may not have landed in Houston, but in the wee hours of the morning we definitely noticed her outer bands coming ashore. The lightning was all around us, striking in the (former) golf course behind the house. For over an hour this morning- between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m.- we were awake watching the near simultaneous flash/crash of huge thunderbolts, feeling the house shudder, and hearing the windows rattle. (Impressive!) Needless to say no one slept and we're all pretty draggy this morning.On the other hand, it did rain enough to wet the ground, and we're hoping for some more of the wet stuff to perk up the azaleas, grass and trees.
4 comments:
Hey, I slept like a baby never even heard the rain. Oops, it is raining again right now. Still no thunder. Is it wrong for me to be happy that we are on the dirty side of this storm? It is always a good thing to get a couple of rainy days in the hot humid Summer.
I've been watching the coverage and wondering what kind of impact Dolly will have on your area. Hang in there!
It's cloudy in the Hill Country..we could use some of Dolly's rain...
Take care!
I've been wondering about you. I remember the thunderstorms last summer when we stayed at Debbi's in Houston. It shook the whole house and sent Riley running to our room.
Post a Comment