Almost exactly one year ago, Cameron began reading the Harry Potter books. After breezing through the first three books in three weeks, she burned out a little during the fourth and fifth books. (I think the vocabulary and situations finally became complicated for her.) Bryan or I read aloud various chapters in Book 6 --and Cameron read to herself also. For book 7 the whole family listened to the audio CD, and last night we finally finished the series.
(Spoiler!) We had to stop it a few times near the end for Cameron to ask how Harry could be alive when he was dead. Admittingly, for an eight-year old the chapter on Kings Cross is heavy on the "explanation" dialogue and in Cameron's words, "Boring". Both seemed to really enjoy the epilogue, and roared with giggles when Ron yelled back to the children on Hogwarts Express, "It's me, I'm famous!" (answering the question of why everyone was staring.) But Cameron just would not stop asking me who married Draco Malfoy! I expect JKR has mentioned it or listed it somewhere on her site or a fan site, so perhaps I should go look it up.
4 years ago
1 comment:
According to the HP encyclopedia and the Scholastic website Draco married...
Astoria Greengrass – the two-years younger sister of Daphne, who married Draco Malfoy and had one son, Scorpius Hyperion (JKR, DH ep.]
Post a Comment