Friday, July 27, 2007

Glacier Bay

I'm addicted to this Pacific Princess bridge cam. They are about 3 hours behind us and after cruising most of the morning from College Fjord to Glacier Bay, we finally have some interesting views of Glaciers. Really fascinating!

This is the first one. Then they sailed past some mountainous landscape and now we're viewing this one.
.




Looking at this last one makes me wonder how deep the water is at this point - and how deep is the glacier into the water. I read from the Glacier Bay National Park website about how glaciers are formed from snow over hundreds of years. Of course, I read all of this to the girls and were so not interested.


Here's where they are now - just past the last glacier. Isn't this beautiful. I wish I could watch this all night.


1 comment:

Karen said...

That really is gorgeous! I bet they're having a great time. :)