After breakfast, he sat down with them and told them all the names of the cars. Lotus, Hummer, Chrysler 300, Camaro, Mustang. He demonstrated how how he would play with cars when he was their age. I don't know how long this male bonding lasted, because when I finished snapping some photos, I heard Brenna tell Cameron that two of the cars were getting married and then she had them kissing.Bryan showed true grace under surrender. He commented "Maybe we should spend more time with the kids..." And off we went to Putt-Putt golf, where we played 18 holes (and he soundly beat us all). Amazingly every one of us had a true hole-in-one (even Brenna).
Bryan took Brenna on the bumper boats - and Cameron drove her own. I forget she is over 44" and can do these things by herself. She approached being on her own boat, alone, with some hesitancy, but once she got in the groove, she thoroughly enjoyed herself. (Mom hung back to snap the photos.)
3 comments:
Give it up Bryan - Dean has accepted the pink in his world and you should too! :)
Give it up Bryan - Dean has accepted the pink in his world and you should too! :) Good idea to get them golfing though - graduate to the "real thing" and perhaps there will be a college scholarship in their future!
Linda
I was telling the Bryan/HotWheels story to a friend today and she said her brother also bought cars for his girls. He gave up when they put them in doll strollers and started treating them as babies! These poor daddies of girls!
Linda
Post a Comment