This past Saturday we hosted two birthday parties in one day. Looking back I don't know what possessed me to do this and I think we may be done with extravangant birthday parties in the future.Mom came over Friday night and helped me get things ready. She was a GODSEND and I could not have done everything by myself. THANK YOU MOM!!! She has this uncanny knack for knowing just what to do and when to do it during parties. And during the prep work the night before it was so wonderful to just visit and talk and catch up one on one. We don't do that often enough.

Brenna celebrated her fourth birthday (which isn't until Wednesday) with a Princess Party. We had ten children, decorated crowns, played "Kiss the Frog" and generally just played in almost every room of the house. All of the kids, except cousin Ashley, attend all-day preschool together, so they get along nicely.
After the last guest left, we did a two-hour quick-change of decorations and had Cameron's much-smaller-than-expected "Arts & Crafts" party in the afternoon. Only four girls showed up, but they had a nice time glueing crafts and playing outside. The ice cream cake melted (see photo - the white border on top fell to the bottom!), but it was delicious! (Baskin Robbins, World Class Chocolate)Sunday we took the girls bike riding, per their consistent and non-stop pleading. Cameron actually rode a two-wheeler, without training wheels. She needs some more practice, especially handling turns, but for the most part, she's got it! Bryan worked with her on starting herself - meaning no dad running behind. She was getting the hang of it before we called it quits for the night.
I also want to mention that Bryan completed his first official Bay Area Fit five-mile run on Saturday morning, before the parties. We're so proud of him for training for the Houston half-marathon. It's not easy work. Way to go, Bryan!
1 comment:
very nicely done, Your blog is great! I didn't know you had one, but now that I do...
The pictures of the girls are great. They are getting big so fast. I am anxious to see how Bryan reacts to the first boy picking up Cameron on her first date...should be interesting. Bryan, on a side note, make sure not to drive to close behind them! You don't want to be seen.
Post a Comment