Friday, December 03, 2010

Slump It Fuse It

The WAVE program at Westbrook includes creative mini-courses that rotate every 9 weeks. Cameron gets to request certain classes, though there is no guarantee she'll be assigned to her first choice.

The first 9 weeks she did KWIS news, a short television news program. For that class she worked on-screen doing the weather and behind the camera (literally) as cameraman.

She started this 9 weeks with a 4.5 week "Creativity" course (her 7th choice) and is ending with her first pick, a course called "Slump It Fuse It."

She had to put together a box with gloves, goggles, and apron because they were working with glass. Today she brought home her first project (of two) and I'm super impressed!

I don't know whether you can see the details of this pretty glass, but she cut clear glass and colored glass, added frit (green dots), and full fused it in a kiln. How cool is this!

2 comments:

Marilyn Maniscalco Henley said...

Tell Cameron that these are gorgeous! I am very impressed. Need to come up with a way she can display them – perhaps glue them to the top of a box (like wooden box). They also look a lot like the new jewelry that’s sold. I have a necklace from Sonora that is similar, but thinner. Love these.

Jenn said...

What a neat experience! Beautiful work!