As I drove Brenna to school this morning, I asked her how it felt to be eight years old. Just like her Daddy, she said to me, "But Mom, I'm won't be eight until this afternoon." (when she was born)
I surprised her during her school lunch to hand out chocolate-chocolate chip cookies for her classmates. After school, she excitedly told us that she was the first person in her class to get a "Birthday Bonus" of $10 Kubena cash, which is half of her weekly librarian earnings.

Despite an intense work week, Bryan surprised us by arriving home in time to join us for Brenna's special birthday dinner.

Brenna received her main birthday present last weekend: new blue bedding to replace her old pink Disney princess cover. I felt it was important that she have something small to open along with her card.
She loved getting new doll clothes for her Our Generation doll. This year Brenna chose Cafe Express for her birthday dinner. Immediately after this photo, she opened the door over her foot, scraping the top.
Papa and Nana called to sing their Happy Birthday wishes while we were at dinner. I'm not sure what they were saying (or singing) exactly, but Brenna laughed and laughed.
After dinner she couldn't decide between Baskin Robbins or iYougart. Bryan and Brenna flipped a coin (Heads I win, tails you lose) and Brenna wanted to be surprised at the answer. We were so busy chatting in the car that she didn't realize we were at Baskin Robbins until we got out!
After eating her "Birthday Cake" ice cream, she declared today to be her "Best Birthday Ever!"Happy 8th Birthday Brenna Sue!
No comments:
Post a Comment