Sunday, November 08, 2009

Altar Server

Cameron participated as an altar server for the first time this morning. Mom came over to attend Mass and witness her first grandchild (of hopefully many) in this role. Thanks Mom for taking the photos!
When there are four altar servers, two participate in the Liturgy of the Word while the other two take the responsibilities of the Liturgy of the Eucharist. They assist the priests receiving the gifts and they pour the water/hold the bowl as he washes his hands.
You can just see Cameron on the left holding the bowl and towel.


She did a wonderful job and I think she felt very proud of herself. I know I was beaming. Mom took them out for breakfast at Denny's. I had to also attend the 11 a.m. Mass for the Pastoral Council Installation. We were introduced and received our name badges. Fr. Bob invoked a Blessing. The whole experience was very humbling.

1 comment:

Brenna and Molly said...

Congratulation Cameron! Serving is a wonderful responsibility and we're sure you'll love it. Brenna R. says maybe you'll get to see her serve when you come to visit us!