Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time for School

Not Monday, but Tuesday is the first day of school in our neck of the woods..er.. coastal plain, and the Kelly girls were ready to go!

It's hard to believe that this will be the last year my girls go to the same school until Cameron is a senior in high school.

So here is my 5th grader - proud & excited to be starting her LAST year of elementary school. She curled her hair overnight and it looked so cute this morning. Of course with our Gulf Coast humidity it's probably completely flat and limp by now.
Brenna is thrilled to be starting 2nd grade. She looks much older to me than when Cameron started second grade.

You might wonder about those shorts in the photo... I'm intercepting those as soon as they go into the laundry basket. I don't remember if I've blogged before about battling Brenna over clothes. I didn't even try this morning; the shorts will simply mysteriously disappear after today.

Being a member of Safety Patrol required Cameron to be at school by 7:30 a.m. Brenna and I hung out in the car for about ten minutes until we saw the safety patrol man their stations.
Cameron opened car doors and greeted returning students and parents. Meanwhile I walked Brenna inside and said Good Morning to her teacher.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful first day back to school and a great Fall semester!

4 comments:

Swan Family said...

I love that you take these pictures every year.

Brenna and Molly said...

Happy first day ladies!! We hope you have a fun year and look forward to hearing all about your adventures.

Karen Forbes said...

Your girls are getting so big and as always, are so pretty! Hope they have a wonderful year and that all of you are doing well!

Keri said...

How did Brenna get so tall? I hope they both have a great year!