Wednesday, June 24, 2009

R.I.P.

A week and a half ago, the government finally carried through on its threat to switch to digital only tv signals. Sigh. I'm going through WITHDRAWL from watching the local news on my little 5" b/w kitchen tv while I fix dinner.


I usually watch/listen to the local news and/or Wheel of Fortune. Sometimes if dinner was really late, I would watch some Geek sitcom that was really cute.

We used it during Hurricane Ike, running it on batteries. It made us feel more "connected" with the outside world than just a radio. What are we supposed to use now? I expect that eventually someone will come up with a battery powered 5" digital tv that runs on batteries that will cost under $100.

I miss my tv.

3 comments:

Marilyn Maniscalco Henley said...

Yes, that little radio kept us informed of what was going on in the Houston area while the electricity was off. It was better to see the results after the hurricane than just listening on the radio. Sigh

Jessie said...

Ooooh was your geek tv show "Big Bang Theory!?" Definitely a cute show. I've often thought about getting a small tv for the kitchen, but I probably wouldn't get anything done with the extra distraction.

Lisa Henley Jones said...

We have a battery tv we used for storms also that is worthless. What do I do with it now? What do we do this hurricane season? I guess they want us to go buy a generator?