When Cameron moved into her new room last year the only thing missing was a desk or place she could sit to write and do homework. Bryan had this old desk that had belonged to his mother.
Do not adjust the color on your monitor, you're correct. It's a late 1960s mustard yellow.
In June I took it outside and sanded it, primed it, and painted it a very faint pink color. Naturally, this project took me about six months. On New Years Day, before we planned our marathon painting weekend (see next post), I did take this desk out of the garage to put on the second coat of paint.
Tonight she did her homework at her desk.
4 comments:
I LOVE THAT DESK!!! What an awesome job you did...so chic!
I LOVE THAT DESK!!! What an awesome job you did...so chic!
That is a perfect desk - nice size and perfect little cubbies plus it's a family piece! I bet she feels quite grown up using it.
I love the desk. I just love taking old pieces of furniture and making them new again. It's even better that the desk belonged to Bryan's mom.
Post a Comment