This post is brought to you today by Brenna. She had a "Writer's Workshop Party" today and has been very excited about it since yesterday. Tonight she brought home her essay and wanted me to put it on the blog, since I did Cameron's RenFest essay last week. I'll write it first in her own words, then translate. It appears she wrote this over the course of several days - there are two different dates at the top of the three pages.
"I love rideg wrkse shop because it is fun to do and it helsp me reteg wrse and helsp me to rit wrse. I mit be a aecks ridr win I groe up and I mit rit a wudfll store win I groe up. Mabe the storey mite be ubawt prisasiseis or dragins or Kegs and Qwegse or mabey it mit be ubaut my life with my sister or with my Mom or with my Dad or mabey it mit be faretells with a bestok or with a hat how loves gies and sis on ther hed it can be abaout all of theths tegs or it can be abaowt me and you or it can be ubaout all of my famley and yoer famley to can you guess wish oun it mite be it mite be all uf these things like you and me. I love 1st grade."
(translation) "I love writing workshop because it is fun to do and it helps me read words and helps me to write words. I might be a excellent writer when I grow up and I might write a wonderful story when I grow up. Maybe the story might be about princesses or dragons or Kings and Queens. Or maybe it might be about my life with my sister or with my Mom or with my Dad. Or maybe it might be fairy tales with a beanstalk or with a hat who loves giants and sits on their head. It can be about all of these things or it can be about me and you. Or it can be about all of my family and your family too. Can you guess which one it might be. It might be all of these things like you and me. I love 1st grade!"
4 years ago
2 comments:
So precious Brenna! Thanks for sharing this with us!
These will be such great treasures when she's older!
Post a Comment