My brother and sister in-law welcome their new daughter, Megan Elizabeth, born today at 4:40 p.m. weighing 6 lbs 7 oz. She almost arrived in Nana's minivan on the way to the hospital!
Megan has a fabulous birthday! She is born on San Jacinto Day and also shares a birthday with her great-grandfather, Pete Maniscalco, Jr. I think we'll see great things from this little girl. Happy Birthday Megan Elizabeth!

Leah's water broke at 3:36 p.m. and by the time they pulled up to the hospital (at 4:33 p.m.), where David was waiting with a wheelchair, Megan was trying very hard to be born. They made it (barely) up the elevator and into the birthing center, where Megan decided she'd had enough waiting and very quickly made her grand entrance. The nurse delivered her with only 3 loud pushes from Leah; no doctor and no place to put the baby (no bassinet, no warming lamp.) Nothing was ready. (Actually I'm impressed they got her upstairs.)
She is a very beautiful baby girl, with very alert eyes just like her brother. Big brother Alexander is almost 22 months. I know I'm biased, but this is such a beautiful family and I just love them to pieces.
We drove out after work/school and it has been a very long night. The girls were very excited to meet their new cousin, and both were just begging to hold Megan.
Megan has a fabulous birthday! She is born on San Jacinto Day and also shares a birthday with her great-grandfather, Pete Maniscalco, Jr. I think we'll see great things from this little girl. Happy Birthday Megan Elizabeth!(Edited 11:15 p.m.: The emails are flowing and photos from other cameras being exchanged. So here are a few more pictures from earlier tonight.)

3 comments:
Awwww she's a cutie! These are the first pictures I've seen.
Congrats to everyone and welcome to sweet litle Megan! Spoil her rotten!!!
Congratulations on your new family member. Maybe that middle name of Elizabeth brings them fast? Her birth story sounds very much like Riley's. She was also born about 10 minutes after our arrival at the hospital.
What does big brother Alexander think of his new sister?
Post a Comment