Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 2: Demo and a wall

We came home today and Allen was still working. He hauled off one or two trips of trash, started tearing out the shower, and was putting up the bedroom wall, taping, and ... floating?


Today I definitely noticed a fine dust in the air (cough cough) and coating various furniture. While dinner cooked, I ran around the house with Pledge and a dusting rag wiping down...well everything. Bryan is changing out the AC intake filter (thanks Dad for the suggestion!) so hopefully that will help a little with the dust.


The shower demo is moving right along. It is gross. Allen said that the walls behind the tile were wet. STILL!? We haven't used that shower in over a week. He's going to pull out and replace all the old insulation below a certain point. I left a message with our exterminator to have someone come out and spray for ants while we have the wall open. (We did see 3 ants in the stud.)



Allen will install the mildew, mold, moisture resistant wallboard in the shower. He's had a fan blowing in there all afternoon trying to dry it out.

Look at the soap dish in the tile - it's broken off. When I think of all the times I told the girls not to hang on that.... We'll have a new soap dish built into the back of the shower. He was going to put it in the front or on the side and I said, "Why not put it back here?" When it's up under the shower head or on the side it always get wet, collects water, the soap,melts and gets yucky.

Bryan went to Lowe's tonight and bought... everything. Tile for shower floor, 12x12 stone for the bathroom floor, 6x6 tiles for the shower walls, countertop, floor trim, unfinished oak cabinets, mirrors, faucets, sinks, light fixtures, shower faucet fixture, and shower door. (Thanks Mom for the 10% off coupon!) Our Lowe's didn't have one of the cabinets, two of the shower tiles, and the bullnose tiles. So we'll have to go to the other Lowe's tomorrow night. All of this will be delivered tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: