Thursday, May 24, 2007

Last Day!

Yesterday was the last day of second grade for Cameron! I don't know all of what they did this week, but I do know that Tuesday was a "read-in" where they were asked to bring a pillow, stuffed animal, and a book. (Hm.. sounds more like nap time.) They did "daily work" in the morning, watched the cartoon movie "Charlotte's Web," ate lunch, had an awards ceremony and THEN read books. At least I think I have it in the right order. Cameron was very proud to receive a Citizenship Award and the Honor Roll (all A's, 1 B).

Wednesday they had "Free Dress", sat through Fifth grade graduation and awards, ate a sack lunch picnic outside, and had early dismissal at noon. She came home with a backpack crammed full of two workbooks, papers, report card, pencil box, etc. What a jumbled, slightly-stinky mess. I think that backpack is ready for the trash bin. She wore it out!

Cameron after the last day of school Here's a reminder of the first day of school. You don't realize how much she changes in just one year. I've noticed a lot of growing up, and I'm not just talking about growing out of her clothes into the next size.

Summer plans are to spend each day at the same place we've been at for the past five years, where she's been going after-school. She'll have field trips twice a week, swimming lessons, and either golf or tennis. I think she's leaning toward golf - she really enjoyed it last year. Though as a 3rd grader, she's starting to "out-grow" this preschool/after-school location.

2 comments:

Brenna and Molly said...

Happy summer!! But who was that little girl with the backpack in the previous photo? Surely not the pretty, poised young lady in the current picture! Congrats Cameron. It sounds like you had a good year so take some time to enjoy your summer holiday. We'll be watching for stories and pictures from your adventures!

Keri said...

My she has changed so much this year.

Keri