Thursday, October 05, 2006

Seaworld and Questions....

Questions

Menger Hotel tropical courtyardBrenna has been asking questions - so many that I can hardly keep count. You never know where you'll be when her little voice pops up:

"Mommy? How do they make the sidewalk?"
"Mommy, how do they make Kleenex?"
"Daddy, how are houses built?"
"Where does the water come from?"

You get the idea? I suppose she's just becoming more and more aware of the outside world. Now, if we could just help her more get her temper under control. She can be such an agressive child, especially with her sister. And yet, everyone wants to be Brenna's friend at preschool. I am constantly reminding her to be nice.


Seaworld
We had never been to Seaworld, so we tried it....and loved it. The girls are at just the right age to enjoy everything and we had a blast. Naturally we tried to do too much in our one-day visit, so we took advantage of their offer and upgraded our day pass to a 2007 season pass.

Cameron was especially impressed with Believe, the Shamu show. She had this huge grin stuck on her face through the whole show and when it was over, she turns to me and in an awed voice says, "Mom. I don't want to be a teacher anymore. I want to be a KILLER WHALE TRAINER!" Both girls rode the kiddie rides and fed the dolphins. Cameron and I held a snake! VIVA, the dophin/beluga whale show was incredible, but I think we most enjoyed the Cannery Row Caper - Sea Lion show.

Before the show, one of the "actors" came out and did a little pantomime, pratfall, type entertainment. She pulled people out of the audience and did different things with them. In the middle, she pulled Bryan out and brought him and another fellow down and she gushed all over them. At one point she put Bryan down on one knee and on cue the Wedding March music played she mimed being all surprised over her proposal. Later we realized (from the photos) that she had one eye squarely on me during that time, but I was too busy laughing and taking pictures to notice. Brenna and Cameron however were NOT amused. Brenna pouted and was very insistent that Daddy should be back up in the stands with us and not with that lady. Five days later and she still talks about that lady taking Daddy.

Enjoy the photos!!


1 comment:

Brenna and Molly said...

Looks like great fun! We're adding it to our list of things to do when we come to visit (which is looking more and more like it will be a month-long odyssey by the time we get it all in!!) Someday, I promise!